Subscribe Now!

Jun 27, 2009

Saturday morning in Moremi

As all saturdays go, even in Moremi there is basic admin that needs to be done. Big breakfast, exercise, and laundry. Here we have our laundry done for us by our camp hand. But ladies under garments don't get done, it's part of their culture. Frankly I am ok with this, I prefer to wash my own gitch.



So as a typical saturday would go, we woke to have eggs, then I did my hour of exercise, which I have now managed to get down to an art. I skip for 30 minutes, then Graham has helped me build a bar bell/dumbbell out of a large steel bar, with two bent metal hooks held on by plastic ties, and duck tape. These hook nicely onto the handles of two 5ltr jugs of water of which I have filled with both sand and water to add weight. I do arm curls, squats, dead lifts, chest press on my exercise ball that I had brought in from South Africa, just to name a few of the things I have managed to accomplish with so little. Come on? those who know me know I couldn't not exercise! And of course abs are easy to do anywhere.






























Then I had to wash my gitch, Graham thought this would be interesting to film. And since he thought it was interesting you may as well....???????? thinking not. But what the hey. (the exercise done previously explains the outfit, one can still look cute at the gym in the bush)

You will see Lagai, our camp hand. And the tub of hot water we use to shower, wash up, dishes etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin