Subscribe Now!

Feb 28, 2009

My commute into "work"

We rode in mostly silence, I was exhausted and in absolute awe at the beauty around me.  I saw very little of Maun, though it seems to vibrant, I look forward to returning in a couple of weeks to experience it.  As we drive out of town, I take in the local africans walking along side the road, the shanty style homes in poverty.  I haven't got my camera out, I really just want to take it all in through my own senses.  It is at this moment that I want to reach out to Dad, it is still a natural reaction to reach for my phone to send him a text, I am in AFRICA!! I look out the window and know he is watching.... I send this shout out to the universe.... for him to catch.

The drive is amazing, the road quickly turns to dirt.  We pause many times to take in the game that cross our path.  My "commute into work" is full of Giraffe, Elephant, Zebra and Impala. Simply amazing. 


1 comment:

  1. Penny,
    Just got the blog link from Kevin Collins. WOW! I am so happy for you that you have this experience and I can tell from your writing that you are in very typical "penny fashion" embracing it all. Go girl!
    John Rains
    Margie and I have you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin