Subscribe Now!

Feb 18, 2009

What I believe

Thus far; the sudden death of my father has been the most life changing event I've experienced. Who I was before November 18th 2008 and who I am now is completely different, so far as to say that when I look in the mirror now, something is not just different but missing.  I look different, something in my eyes is gone.  I've suddenly grown older in spirit.  It puts life into shocking perspective, suddenly your senses are amplified by a thousand, what a cats whiskers must be like.  Grief does not choose when it grabs you.  It just does.

Here I am about to embark upon the most amazing, life changing adventure of my life; in a way I can't yet imagine.  It is with mixed emotions that I go, as this momentous occasion won't be shared with my father, though a spirit as strong and alive as his is never gone, I still struggle with my excitement and anticipation without him; my biggest fan cheering me on.

Most who will read this are close enough to me to know I believe in sharing.  While some have found this to be uncomfortable, those here know this about me and I think, enjoy and love it.  I believe in documenting life in an effort to bridge the gaps between each other and nature, to expose our innumerable similarities, and increase empathy for, and acceptance of, one another and nature.  I believe in the laws of attraction.  That thought is the origin of all things.  That what we believe we bring into being; by focusing on abundance rather than lack, what we need and want rather than life deficiencies.  I believe there is an incredible power in the moment we call now.

And now I begin my journey to Botswana.  

Tomorrow I will write about my time in Stowe leading up to my departure to Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin