Subscribe Now!

Feb 28, 2009

Maun

After what I've learnt as a typical Air Botswana 2 hour delay, and a 2:55 flight to Maun, I step off the plane under a true African sky.  I immediately look up.  And take a deep breath in.  The sky is different here.  It is closer to you somehow, I feel as though if I jump I can touch it.  The smell of the air is so fresh and full of sweetness.  

I gather my luggage, and walk out to be greeted by Graham Springer.  The man with whom I will be spending and exorbitant amount of time with over the next year.  A man that I've only read about on Earth-touch, admired his photos from afar and heard about from my dearest friend Katherine who also spent some time in the camp last year and arranged this opportunity for me, for which I am eternally grateful.  Once again, it all seems perfectly normal and natural.  Not the reaction I expected.  Maybe I am over tired, on sensory overload, and maybe in shock.  I am completely surprised by this reaction, and find myself coming back to it looking for more..... though I know to just let what flows through me to do just that.  Flow.   A hug and a brief greeting and we are on our way to Moremi, to the Earth-Touch base camp, a 4 hour drive through the Okavango Delta.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin