Subscribe Now!

Mar 11, 2009

A call to the lions

We have had little luck with the lions this week, all the rain has made it difficult to pick up their tracks as well the rain has been widespread resulting in the game dispersing. I’ve noticed a difference in my ability to see and hear things off in the distance. The lions calling in the night is now a distinct sound to my ears. And something moving far off in the horizon and I automatically pick up the binoculars to have a curious look.


I have come across some fantastic photo opportunities and it’s given me the chance to try out some of the camera skills Graham has been teaching me. My mind does not think in a technical way at all, when he is speaking about Fstops and seconds per something or other I stare at him blank faced and nod as if to understand. I am a hands on visual person, I need to just go take some photographs and learn through trial and error. He has been wonderfully patient with me, and is extremely helpful in critiquing my pictures in a way I can understand exactly what I’ve done right and what I’ve done wrong. We had a good time capturing photos of these Zebra, Impala and Egrets playing together.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin