Subscribe Now!

Aug 21, 2009

Congratulations Janey and Brian!

Janey, crazy Janey K........

Today you will marry your soul mate. And I couldn’t be happier for you and Brian.

I smile ear to ear when I think of your story as it brings such joy to my heart that a re-connection after so many years has led to such in incredible love story.

Our friendship has taught me so much about friendship, how it changes over time and how certain boundaries like distance are not boundaries at all. And while we live as far apart as two people can we still manage to pick up where we left off whenever we contact or see each other.

From the time in our lives when a bottle (or three) of wine, a pack of cigarettes and each other until 2am was all we needed to solve the worlds problems, to jobs, loves and loves lost, family, loss and laughter, even kicking each other in the butt when the need arose, to right now each of us living out our dreams. Our friendship has stood the test of both time and distance. While life has changed our friendship over this time, our friendship has endured, and will keep on enduring life.

I can’t tell you how sad I am to miss this day of all days with you. To see you so beautiful and so happy. I would be there if I could, I hope you know that I looked into all possibilities to be there. I am there with you in spirit, I will raise a glass to the moon and to you and Brian and I wish you all the love and happiness that life has to give to two such deserving people.

Brian, It’s been many years since I’ve seen you. To see how happy you’ve made my friend Janey, to see her shine like I’ve never seen her shine, I thank you. All a friend could ever want for her friend is to see her as I’ve seen Janey. On top of the world. So thank you. Please take good care of her. She’s a gem. But you know that.



Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.
New-made friendships, like new wine,
Age will mellow and refine.
Friendships that have stood the test -
Time and change – are surely best;
Brow may wrinkle, hair grow gray,
Friendship never knows decay.
For ‘mid old friends, tried and true,
Once more we our youth renew.
But old friends, alas! may die,
New friends must their place supply.
Cherish friendship in your breast-
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.

Joseph Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin